Devereux CARES Admissions
To initiate a referral to the Devereux CARES educational program, please refer to the guidelines below:
- The Director of Special Education from the home school district must send a referral packet containing a letter of interest with the following attachments:
- Confirmed primary diagnosis of Autism, Asperger's or Pervasive Developmental Disorder/not otherwise specified from a medical doctor.
- Recent Evaluation Report (ER), psychological evaluation, PT/OT/SLP reports, if applicable (completed within the past 18 months).
- Copy of current I.E.P.
- List and description of any secondary disabilities or medical conditions.
- Once the referral packet is complete, CARES Administration will respond in writing regarding enrollment possibilities.
Referral Packets should be sent to:
390 East Boot Road
West Chester, PA 19380
- To Schedule a Tour
In an effort to minimize disruptions in the building, Devereux CARES limits touring to the first Thursday of every month, commencing at 9:30 am. Tours last about 1.5 hours and include program observation and a question/answer period. In addition, there is typically time left for an open discussion. Tour groups are limited to 10 participants and are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Tours are scheduled with CARES administrative assistant at (610) 873-4930.