Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health has an established history of hosting presenters who are internationally renowned as experts in their fields. Past presenters have included:
Karen Bearss, Ph.D.
- Clinical Director of the Seattle Children’s Autism Center, Director of the Research Units in Behavioral Intervention (RUBI) Autism Network, and Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington
- “Parent Training for Disruptive Behaviors in Autism Spectrum Disorder”
- 24th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2022
Philip C. Kendall, Ph.D., ABPP
- Distinguished University Professor and Laura H. Carnell Professor of Psychology at Temple University
- “Treating Anxiety in Youth: Clinical Applications within Empirically Supported Programs”
- 23rd Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2021
Howard Stevenson, Ph.D.
Constance Clayton Professor of Urban Education, Professor of Africana Studies, Human Development & Quantitative Methods Division of the Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania; Executive Director of the Racial Empowerment Collaborative
- “If Elephants Could Talk: Racial Literacy for Healing Racial Stress in Relationships”
- 22nd Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2019
Marion Forgatch, Ph.D.
- Executive Director and Director of Research, ISII; Senior Scientist Emerita, Oregon Social Learning Center
- “50 Years of Parent Management Training (Oregon Model): From Cradle to Community"
- 19th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2016
Edna Foa, Ph.D.
- Director, Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety; Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- “Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents Experiencing PTSD”
- 18th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2015
Bruce Chorpita, Ph.D.
- Professor of Psychology, UCLA; President, PracticeWise, LLC
- “Aspiring to Wisdom in Behavioral Health Care”
- 21st Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2018
Pat Friman, Ph.D., ABPP
- Vice President of Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, Boystown; Clinical Professor of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics at the University of Nebraska School of Medicine
- “Behavioral Pediatrics”
- 15th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2012
Judith Cohen, M.D.
- Medical Director, Center for Traumatic Stress in Children & Adolescents, Allegheny General Hospital; Professor of Psychiatry, Drexel University College of Medicine
- “Trauma Impact and Trauma-Focused CBT for Children and Youth”, 2011
Tom Szabo, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Assistant Professor, Hybrid Master's Program in Professional Behavior Analysis at Florida Institute of Technology
- “ACT for Behavior Analysts”
- 6th Annual BCBA Conference, 2018
John Bailey, Ph.D., BCBA-D
- Director of ABA Masters Program, Florida State University
- “Consultation Skills and Ethics for Behavior Analysts”, 2011
Alan Kazdin, Ph.D., ADPP
- Research Professor and Sterling Professor of Psychology & Professor of Child Psychiatry (emeritus), Yale University
- “Problem Solving Skills Training”
- 12th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2009
Patricia Chamberlain, Ph.D.
- Senior Research Scientist, Oregon Social Learning Center
- “Evidence-Based Practice in Children’s Behavioral Health Care”
- 13th Annual Jean & Anson Beard Symposium, 2010