Devereux awarded $252,000 grant to help purchase five wheelchair accessible vehicles
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health was recently awarded a $252,000 grant to help purchase four wheelchair accessible minivans and one minibus for Devereux Pennsylvania – Adult Services.
Devereux received the funds for the vehicles through a program run by the Federal Transit Administration and administered at the state level by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The grant program aims to improve mobility for older adults and individuals with disabilities by “removing barriers to transportation service and expanding transportation mobility options.”
“We want to thank PennDOT and the Federal Transit Administration for awarding Devereux this extremely generous grant to help meet the transportation needs of the individuals in our care,” said Devereux Pennsylvania – Adult Services Executive Director Christopher Betts, M.A. “These vehicles will transport the adults we serve to medical appointments, as well as job, volunteer and community engagement opportunities.”
Safe and stylish transportation
Funds from the grant covered 80 percent of the total cost of the five vehicles, while Devereux provided a local match to cover the remaining 20 percent of the cost. Devereux Pennsylvania – Adult Services received the vehicles this spring.
“I was excited to learn that we had received a grant to purchase the top-of-the-line, accessible vehicles,” noted Devereux Pennsylvania – Adult Services Transportation Manager Stephanie Nichols. “This will help us continue to provide the individuals in our community homes an opportunity to ride safely – and in style – to various outings. When we delivered one of the vehicles to a community home, our team members and adults were thrilled – it was like they had just received a holiday gift. Everyone was all smiles.”
Learn more about Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.
- About Us
- Advanced Philosophy of Care
- Mission, Values and Service
- Our Commitment to Safety
- Our History
- Senior Leadership Team
- Devereux Board of Trustees
- Annual Reports
- Devereux in the News
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Recognizing Our Employees
- Celebrating Our Devereux Families
- Sharing Messages of Hope
- Who We Help
- Supporting Devereux
- Training and Consulting