Devereux Autism Center (Serving
Phoenix and Tucson Areas)
Autism Program Overview
Advanced Behavioral Health Arizona Autism Center supports children and
adolescents 0-18 years of age with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the development
of communication, social, and adaptive skills needed to live independent,
fulfilling, productive, and socially connected lives.
- Person Centered: Individualized and flexible to meet the unique needs of each child and their family.
- Collaborative:Our professional staff works closely with the child, family, and related community members to maximize each child’s potential.
- Community Focused: Services and supports are delivered in school, community, home, center, and employment settings.
- Accountable and Effective: We use objective data and social validity measures to evaluate the effectiveness of evidence-based practices and data-based decision models to modify treatment
- Skills: We work with each child to address skills deficits and problematic behavior that lead to greater independence and success across settings.
- Self Determination: Services and supports promote each child’s ability to participate in home, school, social, daily living, and leisure activities, and make decisions that positively impact the child’s life.
- Quality of Life: Indicators used in determining success include satisfaction with school and employment, community integration, social connectedness, and personal autonomy.
Autism Program Key Features
Services are provided as a part of
an integrated behavioral healthcare system.
Our Autism Center utilizes evidence-based strategies including Applied
Behavior Analysis (ABA) and positive behavioral supports.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) designs individualized treatment
programs that include:
- Teaching to improve language, social, and adaptive skills;
- Reducing problematic behavior; and
- Maintenance and generalization procedures
- Treatment intensity ranges from consultation to intensive
- Functional behavior assessments (FBAs) are used for problem
behavior intervention plans
- One-on-one ABA therapy provided in home, school, and community settings
- Caregiver training is included in treatment plans
- Caregiver support
Have questions or
need more information?
Use our online
form or contact us:
Phoenix and Tucson Autism Center Phone
Phone: (480) 338-0421