Devereux offers residential and placement services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to help them lead more independent and fulfilling lives. We provide safe, comfortable and supportive home environments to ensure adults have access to services that are appropriate to their cognitive, emotional and social development.
Each adult’s strengths and goals are incorporated into an individualized care plan that promotes independence.
We support individuals over the age of 22 with diagnoses including:
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Acquired or traumatic brain injuries
- Mental health challenges, trauma or attachment-related concerns
Residential services offer congregate living options for adults in the community, with 24-hour assistance from highly trained staff. This supportive home environment promotes well-being, and programming is designed to strengthen decision-making skills in community-based settings.
Devereux’s adult services emphasize long-term stability for individuals while they increase their independence.
The following principles are incorporated into all of our programs:
- Person-centered: All services are delivered with a person-centered approach to ensure each individual’s needs, interests and levels of ability are met.
- Family-focused: We encourage families to participate in the development and delivery of services, including quality improvement, program design and evaluation.
- Collaborative: We work closely with community organizations to provide opportunities to maximize each person’s potential.
- Community-focused: Our services are delivered in community, home and employment settings.
- Skill-building: We emphasize skill-building to help individuals achieve greater independence and success across all settings.
- Self-determination: We encourage individuals to participate in processes and decisions that impact their lives.
Devereux’s Shared Living Program is actively looking for compassionate caregivers who would be willing to welcome adults with developmental disabilities into their homes.
Shared Living Providers receive ongoing support, training and services to help them provide the best possible care, as well as a stipend based on the individual’s level of need.
Shared Living offers adults an opportunity to maximize their quality of life, while living in a natural community setting.
We work closely with families to provide positive matches with an individual.
Devereux’s Shared Living Program provides:
- Regular home visits
- Assistance with accessing appropriate services for individuals
- Medication oversight
- Financial oversight/support
- Safety planning
- 24-hour on-call system to support providers in case of an emergency
- Generous tax-free stipend
Responsibilities of Shared Living Providers may include helping the individual with:
- Budgeting and money management skills
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Medication management oversight
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) skills, personal hygiene, managing household chores and assisting with daily planning and scheduling
- Participating in services and supports delivered in the community, school and work
- Exploring and discovering new hobbies and interests
- Decision-making impacting the individual’s life
- Community activities
For more information on becoming a Shared Living Provider, contact your nearby Devereux office.
24 Pommogussett Rd.
Rutland, MA 01543
P.O. Box 219
Rutland, MA 01543-0219
425 Union Street
West Springfield, MA 01089
At Devereux Massachusetts and Rhode Island, it is our policy to practice nondiscrimination in services. All activities are conducted without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Contact Us Today!