Devereux Texas - Victoria Foster Care Parent
Become a Foster Parent
Helping a child by providing them with the direction and unconditional love they need—that is what foster care is all about. Becoming a foster parent can give a child another chance at the love and care they deserve.
Devereux-Victoria is recruiting families and individuals that can provide a safe, nurturing environment for children from birth to age 18. If you have room in your heart and space in your home, please consider serving as a foster parent for a child in need.
Foster care for children was formerly used as a last resort by protective agencies; however, foster care has become more specialized and considered the “treatment of choice” for many children.
Devereux-Victoria licenses basic, group and therapeutic foster homes in the South Texas area. Our ultimate goal is to provide children with a safe, caring and nurturing home where they can grow and become happy, healthy children within the community.
Foster care parent(s) must:
- Be a responsible, mature, healthy adult at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED.
- Have been married, divorced or widowed for at least one year.
- Have no criminal record or history of abusing children.
- Be willing to abide by a policy of no physical discipline.
- Have a driver’s license, auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance and dependable transportation.
- Have an extra bedroom of adequate size for a child.
- Be a legal resident of the United States.