- Preference is given to candidates from an APA-accredited university training programs in professional psychology, including clinical, school, and counseling
- Minimum of 500 hours (approx. 200 assessment and 300 intervention) of supervised practicum experience in the applied practice of professional psychology
- Comprehensive examinations completed prior to the start of the internship
Internship Completion Requirements
- Proficiency of an “entry-level professional” in the major functional roles of a professional psychologist based on quarterly evaluations measuring the attainment of core competencies
- Successful completion and presentation of a clinical outcome or research study
- Successful presentation of clinical case to the training faculty and fellow interns
- Attendance and participation in all seminar series
- Completion of at least 2,000 hours of supervised training.
- The primary supervisor is a licensed doctoral-level psychologist and provides a minimum of two hours of supervision weekly.
- Interns also receive a minimum of two additional hours of supervision each week from supplemental supervisors.
- Additional group supervision may be available at some sites.
- Clinical case management
- Applied research/ program evaluation
- Cultural diversity
- Professional behavior
- Occur bi-weekly on Fridays
- Includes seminars on Treatment Methods, Special Topics and Professional Issues
- Full immersion in program (i.e., non-rotational)
- Internship includes research component
Salary and Benefits
- Stipend of $24,000
- Medical insurance and prescription drug plan for intern and qualified dependents
- 19 vacation days/ holidays
- 8 paid sick days
- 4 university contact/interview days