When families experience crisis, children suffer most. We can help!
The Devereux Georgia Treatment Network (Devereux Georgia) is located on a secure, tree-lined, 40-acre campus in Kennesaw, Georgia. Devereux Georgia is licensed to serve 100 children up to the age of 21, who are experiencing emotional and behavioral challenges brought on by abuse, neglect, mental illness, sexual exploitation, or intellectual/developmental disabilities. They struggle with mental health and/or emotional challenges including major depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Symptoms of their illness often manifest in expulsion from school, additional disrupted foster care placements, and even placement in the juvenile or criminal justice system.
Devereux Georgia is a campus, not a building!
In many instances, Devereux Georgia is the last hope for many of these children. Without the care and services we provide, these children may be lost into a world of helplessness, homelessness or crime.
We help children learn how to manage their mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. They develop the competency and confidence to achieve once-unthinkable goals such as literacy, graduation from high school and the acquisition of basic job readiness skills, so they may lead happy, productive lives, and become self-sufficient members of the community.
If you believe a child would benefit from our services, contact our Admissions Office for more information.
Cliff Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-303-5233
Brenda Thurmond email@example.com or 678-303-5234
Devereux Georgia is Accredited by the Joint Commission, and offers the following:
- Psychiatric residential treatment facility for children 10-21
- Continuum of care with individualized treatment plans
- Team of specialists including psychiatrists, therapists, clinical staff and others
- Specialty Foster Care program geared toward permanency
- Transitional Living Group Home for males 17-21 (Project P.L.U.S.)
- Therapeutic Group Home in cottages on campus for adolescent males and females (MAAC PLUS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited school
- Network of specialists in Devereux centers throughout the country
Make a donation today to help our kids!
Find out more about volunteer opportunities.
Make a Gift Today
"If you have listened to the Clark Howard Show, you have heard me stress the importance of spending wisely. Investing in the youth at Devereux is a wise decision." Clark Howard, Devereux Advisory Board Member.
2013 Hope Event Sponsors