Our Mission, Values and Vision
Devereux changes lives and nurtures human potential.
We focus on research-based prevention initiatives that help children, adolescents and families develop resilience and strong emotional and social health. We help empower children and adults with intellectual, emotional, developmental, and behavioral challenges to lead fulfilling and rewarding lives. Our mission is achieved through a wide range of services and supports for individuals and their families.
For over 100 years, Devereux has helped individuals with emotional, behavioral and intellectual/developmental disabilities transition from troubled lives to lives filled with personal accomplishment and hope. At Devereux, we dream of new tomorrows and realities for the individuals we serve. We know that every person, regardless of disability, has the potential and the right to lead a life of fulfillment and accomplishment.
Devereux’s values are consistent with Department of Children and Families Secretary Wilkin’s philosophy of Empowering Front Line Staff, Engaging Communities, Effecting Program Improvements, and Enabling Family Accountability.
To provide consistently high quality programs, services and resources in safe and supportive environments that enrich and empower individuals and communities, providing support to help them be the best they can be.
In the twenty-first century, Devereux will strive to be:
- About Us
- Our Services
- Abuse & Neglect Prevention Services
- Autism & Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Program
- Case Management & Child Welfare
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Specialty Hospital
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Program
- Community Based Care
- Devereux Kids/ Prevention & Diversion Program
- Diabetes Management Program
- Family Counseling Center
- Family Support & Visitation Center
- Foster Care & Adoption Programs
- Independent Living Transitional Services
- Intensive Residential Treatment Center
- Mental Health Services & Supports
- Outpatient Psychiatric Services
- Residential Group Care
- Specialized Therapeutic Group Homes
- Statewide Inpatient Psychiatric Program
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- The Devereux School
- Our Locations
- Make a Referral
- Our Supporters
- Get Involved