Engage communities, Strengthen families and Protect children
Sulphur Springs Family Support Service is an initiative to strengthen families and children’s success in school through education, support and community building, utilizing principles and strategies that shift practice from an emphasis on risks to one that builds on strengths and resiliency.
Family Team Conferencing (FTC) is a solution-focused method that draws on the families past success in solving problems, determines circumstances when the family is currently able to solve the problem and develops the family’s vision for a preferred future.
The Family Team Conferencing model was developed by Child Welfare Policy and Practice Group and is defined as “a gathering of family members, friends, members of the family’s faith community and professionals who will join together to jointly develop individualized plans to strengthen family capacity, to assure safety, and stability and to build natural supports that will sustain the family over time.
The Family Team - Families need help in times of crisis, so they draw together people whom they trust and who can help in responding to the issues they face. Almost everyone can identify a time when they formed a team, sometimes involving professional helpers, to meet a specific need. Likewise, most people who have drawn a team around them are willing to become contributors to such a team or circle of friends.
Bringing together a team will contribute a variety of benefits to family and efficacy of program services:
What happens at a Family Team Conference?
Please note: When a referral is submitted, you will receive confirmation of receipt. This does not guarantee acceptance of the referral. You will be contacted regarding referral status.
- About Us
- Our Services
- Abuse & Neglect Prevention Services
- Autism & Intellectual/ Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Program
- Case Management & Child Welfare
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Specialty Hospital
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Program
- Community Based Care
- Devereux Kids/ Prevention & Diversion Program
- Diabetes Management Program
- Family Counseling Center
- Family Support & Visitation Center
- Foster Care & Adoption Programs
- Independent Living Transitional Services
- Intensive Residential Treatment Center
- Mental Health Services & Supports
- Outpatient Psychiatric Services
- Residential Group Care
- Specialized Therapeutic Group Homes
- Statewide Inpatient Psychiatric Program
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- The Devereux School
- Our Locations
- Make a Referral
- Our Supporters
- Get Involved