Winner of the 2012 Learning® Magazine
Teacher’s Choice℠ Award!
Learning Magazine is in its 18th year of awarding quality resources with the Learning® Magazine Teacher’s Choice℠ Award. A team of teachers evaluates a variety of resources in the classroom, and the resources are then evaluated on quality, instructional value, ease of use, and innovation. Only those resources that meet teachers’ stringent standards are chosen to receive a Teachers’ Choice Award. We are thrilled to announce that Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure has received this award! To view a press release on this award, click here.
Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure
our complex world, adults must help children develop the skills necessary to
navigate successfully through life. By focusing on building social and
emotional strength, we increase children’s resilience and prepare them to
handle the challenges that come their way.
strategies and activities in Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure provide
teachers with the tools they need to help children become socially and emotionally
healthy for life. Organized into five chapters, the activities support and
build resilience in children ages 3 to 8.
- Supportive Interactions: Activities to nurture the bonds of trust between children and adults
- Home and School Partnerships: Expanding activities and experiences from the classroom into the home
- Activities and Experiences: Activities that focus on open-ended thinking, physical activity, and social and emotional learning
- Daily Routines: Strategies to foster a sense of belonging and community, cooperative participation, and engaged learning
- Environment: Focus on creating environments that are designed to maximize learning and personal growth
children, living and learning are a seamless web. The activities in Socially Strong,
Emotionally Secure offer a way to help children live and learn their way into social and emotional resilience, while having fun in the process!
Learn more about the
Socially Strong, Emotionally Secure resources by clicking on the links below!