Devereux Glenhlome School, boarding schools in Washington, Connecticut (CT) for special needs students, a learning tradition

 

a meaningful life for all people The Glenholme School, boarding school in Washington, Ct. for special needs students grades 3-12

Admissions
Academics
Development
Glenholme
School

Employment
Information
News
Program
Highlights

Professional
Training

Therapeutic
Services

Glen Ridge
Virtual Tour

 

All in good taste...

(Washington, CT)

Survivor game participants (Crabwalk Race)Glenholme's tradition of having fun took a turn this summer. Executive Director, Gary Fitzherbert and Executive Administrator, Maryann Campbell put a new twist to the annual clambake held Saturday, August 23. Dolce Heritage in Southbury, CT rolled out quite a spread for the 125 attendees who feasted upon an unlimited supply of steamed clams, lobsters and many other delicious entrees. In addition to the plentiful food and beverage selection, employees were entertained by Glenholme's own version of "Survivor." A select committee constructed eight uniquely messy and challenging "Survivor" games, where the contestants battled it out for cash prizes and countless laughs.

Although sizeable fish, Hershey syrup and eggs were involved, all participants and spectators had a wonderful time. "We keep our annual tradition of enjoying each others company beyond the work day. The value we place on working together allows us all to do good things for our students as well as our organization", explains Campbell. Each year, the event takes place when 80% of the children are home during a vacation week and the other 20% of students are with past employees who offer to cover for the special evening. The annual clambake is one of many ways in which Glenholme celebrates the excellent work they do for kids as a complete organization.
Survivor game judges - From left to right: Jennifer Clark, Maryann Campbell, David Tuttle and Teresa Correia
Survivor game judges
From left to right: Jennifer Clark, Maryann Campbell, David Tuttle and Teresa Correia

Provided by: Devereux Glenholme (Connecticut)

For more information, contact
Nicole Groody (860) 868-7377

 

All active news articles


The Glenholme School is accredited as an independent boarding school for children with special needs by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, with diploma granting privileges. Glenholme is a member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, licensed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, and approved by the Connecticut Board of Education, New Jersey Department of Education, California Department of Education, and the New York State Education Department.The Glenholme School, 81 Sabbaday Lane, Washington, Connecticut 06793, phone: 860-868-7377, fax: 860-868-7894, email: info@theglenholmeschool.org

ADMISSIONSACADEMICSGLENHOLME SCHOOLEMPLOYMENTINFORMATIONNEWSPROGRAM HIGHLIGHTSPROFESSIONAL TRAININGTHERAPEUTIC SERVICESGLEN RIDGEVIRTUAL TOURDEVELOPMENT